Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Cheng Meng ( the chinese prayers)

For this cheng meng, i went back to my dad's side 6.30 am in the morning. 
no wait, let me rephrase that.



                     For this cheng meng, i went back to my dad's side 6.30 am in the morning!!!



which means, i need to allocate one hour to depart from my hse, subang to seremban, (so means 5.30a.m start journey) which means i have to wake up at FOUR A.M IN THE MORNING. and i have stuff to do so i can only sleep at 12am the night before, WHICH MEANS i have only 4 hours of sleep. WHICH MEANS I CAN LITERALLY NOT SLEEP AT ALL. saya mau mati sudah.


and this year was a little diff as i did not only held prayers for my grandmama, i also went to visit the dad's tai-ma (grandad's 1st wifey) and also dad's older sis.

in my whole life, i've always woke up when the sun is already high up shinning above my head. BUT YESTERDAY, I WOKE UP TO FIND MYSELF FACING A SKY OF errrr, no sun. haha okay i need to brush up on my literiture yada yada.






at first grandma's graveyard thingy.

(dad in grey stripped t-shirt, mom with tht blue bag, aunt & lil nephew in red, uncle in yellow shirt, cousin holding treasure box. huh, see if  you can spot them all? if you cant spot my dad, i think you can just go 'tui loh'/ jump off the cliff.)



its more like a party celebration than praying ceremony.


it was flooded with people. sorry lah i abit kia su cause first time going into such old fashion/olden days punya grave yard. XD unlike my late grandmama who's 'graveyard' which doesnt seems to look like a graveyard.



burning 'hell money' etc


grandpa resting while er scratching his bald head while uncle scrapping mud off opa's shoes.


we repainted the tomb-stone, threw/laid gold/silver 'money' all over the grave and cucuk-ed joysticks.


and every family brought those long bloody red firecrakers and light it before their love ones's grave. So yeah, its more like CNY than Cheng Meng. SO WEIRD.


and yeah incase if you are wondering, we brought one stack for urselves too.



and then we proceed to visit dad's older sis.


her graveyard is so er movie-ish style. like what you would usually see in those hong kong movies. clean, quiet and not so smoky (as she is christian and there they dont use joysticks.)


and then to my grandmama's grave. which i wont talk about it here anymore as i think i have already mentioned about it many times. :)

overall, it was a good experience.. but erh once in a life time experience is good enough because NEXT YEAR THEY PLAN TO DEPART FROM AH GONG HOUSE AT 6AM SHARP. which means I HAVE TO WAKE UP AT 3 I THINK?!!!!

siao meh!